The increasing shift towards online shopping and the associated home delivery that follows means that many consumers’ main point of contact with a brand only comes when the item purchased arrives at their door.
Wincanton prides itself on providing a service that delivers the right customer experience. In May 2019, it launched a dedicated UK-wide home delivery service for Roper Rhodes, one of the country’s leading independent suppliers of bathroom furniture and products.
Since initiating this service, the Wincanton and Roper Rhodes partnership has achieved:
- 99% on-time, in-full delivery result
- 88% NPS (net promoter score)
- 47% reduction in damage to goods during transport
- 77% fall in packaging costs
- 9.1% cost of resource reduction
This has been made possible by the introduction of a number of measures, all of which are focused on improving the end consumer’s experience:
- Real-time delivery tracking with notifications for customers triggered by geo-fencing technology. This provides customers with a message when their order is 30 minutes from delivery
- Co-pilot software for optimised routing and live route updates
- State-of-the-art telematics to keep everyone safe and ensure that environmental impacts are minimised.
"We selected Wincanton because, despite being a large organisation, they had an innate understanding of what a business like ours needed in the sector that we operate. When it came to implementation, we were impressed by the very significant resources they put behind the project – from project management through to IT platforms. The project has been a huge success and has transformed our business from one that has relied on pretty awful parcel carriers to 95% own fleet deliveries."
Paul Roper, Managing Director - Roper Rhodes.