Wincanton delivers value for money operations on behalf of the taxpayer, a critical success factor within the public sector. Our public sector offering is well-established with a UK heritage as a supply chain partner, that has established operations to support processing of post-Brexit customs requirements to storing and distributing Covid-19 mass testing kits.
The UK has faced two of its biggest challenges in a generation simultaneously. Wincanton has established itself as a partner of choice in the battle against Covid-19 and the UK’s exit from the European Union. We are compliant with the most stringent levels of personnel security clearance. We support the public sector with a variety of specialised end to end customs services, including highly secure network transportation; warehousing inventory and asset management services to control the intricacies of goods presentation for the purposes of customs inspection.
Wincanton operates and manages five Inland Border Facilities on behalf of the Government, ensuring inbound and outbound vehicles have the correct clearance and paperwork to facilitate UK import and export flows. We also worked quickly to establish driver Covid-19 test capability, and the delivery of COVID testing kits throughout the UK.
Having secured framework agreements with Crown Commercial Services (CCS), you’ll be working with a supply chain partner you can trust.
Wincanton is now a leading supplier in a framework agreement that is the first ever logistics and warehousing commercial agreement, created specifically for central government and wider public sector organisations.
Customers in the public sector customers will be able to benefit from six different service provisions from Wincanton, including:
- Logistics and Transport: incorporating secure collection, transportation and delivery using road transport.
- Logistics - Warehousing and Storage: including Internal storage, external storage and warehousing.
- Removals and Relocations: incorporating removal, relocation and related services via road transport.
- Vehicle, Plant and Industrial Equipment: incorporating the transportation and storage of vehicles (including aviation, maritime, military), plant and industrial equipment.
- Construction Logistics - Transportation and Storage: incorporating transportation, storage and management of construction material and related services, such as secure storage capacity at supplier premises including temporary ‘lay down’ facilities.
- Logistics and Warehousing Solutions, Design and Support Services: including supply chain integration, optimisation and resource management.
Additional framework for Courier and Specialist Movements: commercial agreement which ranges from simple parcel delivery, to complex and large scale specialist services.
Crown Commercial Service supports the public sector to achieve maximum commercial value when procuring common goods and services. In 2019/20, CCS helped the public sector to achieve commercial benefits worth over £1bn - supporting world-class public services that offer best value for taxpayers.